As a TOKYO member you can get many different member benefits with TOKYO’s shiny silvery sticker. All of the TOKYO benefits, whether they be advisory or some fancy discounts, belong also to alumni- and supporting members.
♡ The greatest of TOKYO’s membership benefits is love. It may sound a bit cheesy, but it’s still true. Student advocacy and the well-being of our members and ARTS in general are the main purposes of TOKYO’s existence. TOKYO is in between. It has more authority than the other student organizations of ARTS; however, it’s much closer to the everyday lives of our students than AYY. The more we have members, the more we have voice and resources. By joining TOKYO you’ll be supporting the greater good for our school.
♡ TOKYO’s design-calendar is probably the most popular member benefit of ours. The calendar is published yearly and it’s valid from August till next year’s September. The designer of each year’s calendar is selected with a competition. In 2018 and 2019 the calendar was done with co-operation with AYY.
♡ As a TOKYO member you can take an insurance for accidents, valid 1.10. – 30.9. yearly. The insurance costs 15 euro/year. You can take the insurance from TOKYO’s office. Please note, that you need to have a residency in Finland and a Finnish social security number. Get more info about the insurance from here.
♡ Kipsari is granting student projects together with TOKYO, every year Kipsari makes a profit. As a TOKYO member you are eligible to apply for the I ♡ Kipsari grant. The grant has been as big as 1500€! www.kipsari.com
♡ Torso, aka the coolest magazine in the universe owned by TOKYO, is free for our members. Torso is published four times a year and it can be found from Kipsari and TOKYOs service point. Read more about Torso here.
♡ TOKYO ry can also grant applications for discretionary project allowance for the students and student associations of Aalto ARTS. The grant decisions are made by TOKYO’s board. More info about the grants can be found here.
♡ ARTS student card entitles you to many student benefits from art museums and special art shops. Always remember to ask for discount, cause, well, you never know.
♡ Art students can get a year card for states museums, with a price of 14 €. It’s valid for one year from the day of purchase, in Ateneum, Kiasma and Sinebrychoff museums.
♡ Besides of all this, as a TOKYO member you can get discounts from many shops, bars and museums. Below you can see the full list of TOKYO’s member benefits – hope you can enjoy the most of it!
- 3union4design // -20% discount from normal priced products
- AK-rent // -10% discount car or van rental
- Alessi Shop // -10% discount
- Anna Heino Design // -10% discount
- ARTS publications // –20% discount
- Comic book center // -10% discount from products and courses for lower price
- EDEL City // -10% discount from normal priced products
- Ekokauppa Ruohonjuuri // -5% discount from normal priced products
- Enestam kauppa oy // -10% discount
- Erkin Sauma & Tikki // -20-25% discount from sewing machines and -5-10% discount from products
- Fasaani Antiikki // -10% discount
- Finlayson Arabia: // -10% discount
- Harri Syrjänen // -10% discount
- Helsingin Taidehalli // pro-card 14€
- Iittala Store Esplanadi // -10% discount
- Karkkiset Helsinki // -10% discount
- Kino Engel // ticket price 6,50 € (normal 9€)
- Liike // -10% discount
- Musamaailma // – 8% discount from normal priced products Musamaailma has imported
- Optilook // -20% discount
- Oz Jewel // -10% discount
- Peroba // -5-10% discount from normal priced products
- Pohjanmaan museo // -10% discount in museum shop
- Restaurant Olotila // about. -15% discount from beer and cider
- RTV-yhtymä // -5-38% discount from products
- Satkar // -10% discount from à la carte
- Taidemaalariliiton taidetarvikkeet // -20% discount
- Taito-magazine // 25 € / 6kk / 3 numbers (normal 29€)
- Tempera // -10-20% discount
- Tuubi // -10% discount
- Vallilan puutavara // -10-20% discount
- Valopaino Oy // -20% discount
- Villisilkki // -10% discount
Psst: Do you have some ideas of other places where you’d like to get discount as a TOKYO member? Tell us! Contact TOKYO’s executive manager (firstname.lastname@example.org) or the board (email@example.com) and we’ll see what we can do to make to make your member benefit dreams come true!