This fall TOKYO celebrates its 58th birthday – with the most breathtaking, scandalous theme! We are now looking for someone to visualize “Acid Versailles” into a poster. The posters will be used as one of our main advertising tools for the Maskerad and spread far and wide around our campus. Once a Maskerad poster is printed it will forever remain as an archived piece of TOKYO’s history.
You can get inspired with the official theme video:
1 Contest duration and right of participation
The contest begins on the 11th of September and ends on the 25th of September 2019 at 3pm (15:00). All students of Aalto University have the right to participate in the contest.
Submit your poster proposal via email to TOKYO’s executive manager Tero Uuttana firstname.lastname@example.org. The email should include the following:
– Attached PDF of the poster without personal details, as the proposals will be processed anonymously.
– 600 pixels wide PNG-image of the poster (as e-mail attachment)
– Include your personal information in the email’s message field.
– Write ‘Poster Competition’ as the topic of the email.
3 Framework for the Poster
Info the poster must include:
– Maskerad 2019 (name of the party)
– Acid Versailles (the theme)
– 9.11.2019 (the date)
– Tiivistämö (the venue)
– XX€/XX€ (placement for ticket price, TOKYO members/nonmembers, price announced later)
– Place where to add sponsor logos
– Place where to add performing artist names
At the visual evaluation of the proposals, the following are also considered:
– Communicating the theme of the party
– Innovation/uniqueness of the idea
– Overall coolness
4 Choosing the winner
The winner will be chosen via online vote, done by TOKYO members, during 25.-30.9. The winner will be notified personally, but the final poster will be revealed later to the general public.
5 Contents of the design work
Once the winner is decided he/she will be in charge of finalizing the poster (adding sponsor logos etc.) and designing a printable ticket and a Facebook-banner for the Maskerad party fitting to the look of the poster. Sizes for these will be provided by TOKYO.
For their design work the winner (1st place) will receive a reward of 180€ and two (2) tickets to the Maskerad party held on Saturday 9.11.2019. The 2nd place winner will get 70€ and two (2) Maskerad tickets, and the 3rd place winner will get two (2) Maskerad tickets.
11.9. Competition begins
25.9. Deadline for the submissions 15:00
25.-30.9. Winner will be decided via online voting (TOYKO members)
1.10. All contestants are contacted
1.10.-4.10. Poster and tickets will be finalized and sent to the printing company. FB-banner is completed.
3.10. The new poster will be revealed to the public in ARTS Freshmen Party
8 Other things to consider
If you have questions regarding the competition, please contact email@example.com